Gastric Balloon in Dubai
Gastric balloon in Dubai (Elipse Gastric Balloon) is swallowed with water, and located in the stomach with the help of X-ray. Once it reaches your stomach, it is inflated using special sterile water. The inflated balloon gives a feeling of being full sooner, and thus helps in reducing food intake, thereby achieving weight loss.
After a span of 4 months, the gastric balloon automatically deflates, without the need for the endoscopic procedure, and it goes out of the body through natural excretion, Hence, this procedure is completely safe and non-invasive when it comes to weight loss, and helping you shed those extra kilos without the inconvenience of hospital admission or sedation or even endoscopy.
The Elipse Balloon in Dubai is a non- invasive procedure for weight loss in which a swallowable pill is used without the use of endoscopic instruments and sedation.
Unlike the other gastric balloon procedures Dubai , there is no endoscopic instruments involved for the removal of the balloon,which is swallowed, and then inflated on reaching the stomach.
Eligibility for Elipse Balloon Procedure?
This procedure is recommended by the best bariatric surgeon in Dubai,
and there are no specific eligibility requirements as such to undergo the same.
For a person to opt for this procedure:
- He needs to have a BMI of over 27.
- He has been unable to achieve weight loss using diet measures and exercise.
- He is uncomfortable with other types of weight loss surgeries.
- He is willing to participate in medically-supervised diet and weight loss program.
What is the Procedure like?
Ellipse balloon procedure is a non-invasive procedure that hardly takes 15 minutes in weight loss clinics in Dubai. There are no surgical instruments or sedative involved. The person undergoing the procedure is asked to swallow a balloon that is in the form of capsule. The other end of the balloon is connected to a tube that remains outside.
Once the person swallows the balloon, X-rays are used to track the correct position of the balloon as it traverses down the esophagus into the stomach.
After the balloon is positioned into the stomach at the right position, it is inflated using purified water. At any instance, 550 ml of purified water is filled into the balloon, after which the tube is disconnected and removed orally.
After the span of 4 months, The balloon valve opens up and it gets deflated and it passes out of body naturally.
Unlike the other weight loss procedures, which require endoscopic surgery and incisions , this procedure is endoscopy/incision-free. Hence, a person need not be hospitalized or have hospital stay for recovery for this procedure.
What are the advantages of Elipse Balloon Procedure?
- The gastric balloon procedure has several benefits as compared to the other bariatric procedures carried to lose weight.
- In the first 16 weeks, the patient will lose around 10% to 15% of their body weight such that there is considerable reduction of around in the waist size
- Patients undergoing this procedure had reported significant reduction in BMI, body fat, waist circumference, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- The procedure takes short time, and the recovery period is very less.
- The procedure is not permanent unlike other bariatric procedures, and thereby there will be no permanent changes to your digestive system.
- Unlike the other procedures, you are not required to take daily nutritional supplements.
- There are minimal side-effects as such after this procedure, hence, it is one of the safest way to lose weight.
Secret of maintaining lost weight (once Elipse balloon passes out)
As the Elipse Balloon is a temporary procedure, the chances of regaining lost weight are there once balloon passes out after 4 months. To maintain lost weight, you should change your life style during these four months and keep following active lifestyle. This will give you high chances of maintaining lost weight for a long time.
Q – If I want to get it removed early, is it possible ?
A – Yes it can be remove early if needed but by endoscopy only .
Before & After The Procedure?
Care should be taken that the person is not suffering from:
- Any inflammatory disease of the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Any gastro-intestinal bleeding or anomaly.
- Hiatal Hernia or abnormality of larynx and esophagus.
- Drug or Alcohol Addiction.
Before opting for the process, the person is required to undergo a medical diagnostic to determine:
- Your medical history
- Your weight loss goals
- Attempted methods to lose weight
- Comfort level with the procedure
Prior to the procedure, you will be administered medication to keep acidity in check. The medication will be started 2 weeks in advance. Prior to the date of surgery, you are required to be on a liquid or pureed diet for 12 hours.
- You may experience gastric discomfort such as nausea and vomiting for the first few day and you will be administered medications for the same.
- In a week following the procedure, you are required to follow a liquid diet.
- Post that, you will be asked to plan 3 small meals and 2 small snacks a day.
- You are requested to stop eating on feeling full and avoid water for 30 minutes after eating.
- After the balloon is removed, you may gain weight, so care needs to be taken with respect to diet and exercise.