Everyone has blood vessels supplying blood to anus( bottom end of your rectum) and this is perfectly normal but when these vessels gets dilated and blood stasis happens in them,then they dilate surrounding tissue around them and problem starts . you can feel them, can cause pain, bleeding & also starts coming out of anus which may cause embarrassment too.
Overall bleeding, prolapsed & painful piles need active treatment by your doctor.
There are two types of piles. Internal piles which are inside the anal canal and internal to the anal opening. While External piles are seen outside of the anal opening. Sometimes external and internal piles occur at the same time. Haemorrhoids treatment Dubai helps you get rid of piles in an effective way.
WHY PEOPLE GET PILES:
- Constipation is probably the most common cause. Excessive straining while defecating increase pressure in and around the rectal veins, making them bulge out causing piles.
- Cancerous lesions in the rectum can result in piles as they obstruct blood flow.
- Some women get piles during their pregnancy due to the pressure effects by the uterus on the rectal veins.
- Those who do not eat fibrous food are more likely to get piles.
- The pressure may be caused by sitting or standing for long periods, sneezing, obesity, coughing, vomiting, and heavy weight lifting.
- Elderly people are most likely to get piles as their tissues get weaker with age.
HOW YOU KNOW THAT (SYMPTOMS)YOU HAVE PILES:
- Discharge around or at bottom end(anus) with itching on skin around the anal opening.
- Pain which worsens while you strain to defecate.
- Bleeding when you try to have a bowel movement.
- Protruding of the anal skin even after the bowel moment. The internal piles usually exit during bowel movement and retreat inside once you have finished. But when the condition worsens, the protruded internal piles do not retreat into the anus.
SOME COMPLICATIONS(IF NOT TREATED) OF PILES:
- Gangrene: Here the tissues in the piles and nearby skin die due to lack of the blood supply.
- Fibrosis: Here the piles become fibroses with hardening of the anal orifice.
- Infection: The infection can spread to the deep veins resulting in septicaemia.
- Suppuration: When the piles suppurate, it can produce an abscess with the discharge of pus.
- Thrombosis: Here the blood inside the piles will form clots and can obstruct the blood flow.
These complications can be very inconvenient and discomforting, which is why it is important to undergo piles treatment .
DIAGNOSIS OF PILES
If you have bleeding , pain or discomfort in the anus, you should visit a specialist surgeon, as bleeding from the anal region can be a sign of some serious problem like Cancer or Ulcers in the large intestine. The expert doctor of hemorrhoids Dubai will diagnose it by doing a physical examination. If required Proctoscopy or sigmoidoscopy is done.
A proctoscope is a hollow tube fitted with a light, which allows seeing the anal canal.
Sigmoidoscope Looks at the lower end of colon, and a colonoscopy looks at the entire colon. It uses a viewing tube with a light that goes into the rectum
Hemorrhoids (piles) management/treatment.
Let your doctor examine & decides for you which kind or degree of piles do you have as most appropriate treatment is decided accordingly.
A External hemorrhoids(piles) which forms & you can feel them outside on anal skin
Can be treated either by
- Conservative treatment
- Hot water sitz bath + medications or by
- External hemorrhoid thrombectomy ( minor procedure)
- If too painful then your doctor can remove blood clot ( under local anesthesia – short 15 minutes office procedure)
B Internal hemorrhoids
DIFFERENT STAGES OF internal PILES
Internal piles can be classified into grades according to their severity and size:
Grade 1 are small swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They cannot be seen or felt from outside the anus. These types of piles are common.
Grade 2 is larger. They may exit out from the anus while bowel movement, but quickly spring back inside again.
Grade 3 hang out from the anus while having a bowel movement. One may feel one or more small, soft lumps that can be pushed back inside the anus with a finger.
Grade 4 permanently hang down from within the anus and does not revert inside.
Conservative procedures / treatment
- Rubber band ligation. In this procedure tiny rubber bands are placed around the base of an internal hemorrhoid to cut off its circulation. The hemorrhoid due to cutoff blood supply shrinks and falls off within a week.
- Injection (sclerotherapy). Your doctor injects a chemical solution into the hemorrhoid tissue to cause chemical reaction which leads to fibrosis & shrink it.
- Coagulation ( laser or bipolar or IRC). Coagulation techniques uses different energy forms like laser or heat to cause small, bleeding internal hemorrhoids to fibrose and shrink.
If prolapsed , bleeding ,grade 3 or 4 degree hemorrhoids ( doctor can tell you after examination with a tube called proctoscope) or, if other procedures haven’t been successful you may require surgery. or one of the following:
- Hemorrhoid removal (hemorrhoidectomy). Choosing one of various techniques, your surgeon removes excessive tissue that causes bleeding .it can be done by traditional surgery or by laser or by bipolar forceps. The surgery can be done under spinal anesthesia or general anesthesia.
Hemorrhoidectomy is the most effective and complete way to treat grade 3 or 4 or recurring hemorrhoids.
- Hemorrhoid stapling. the blood flow to the hemorrhoidal tissue is blocked in the procedure of stapled hemorrhoidopexy. this method is typically used for treating only the internal hemorrhoids that do or don’t show a prolapse.
When compared to hemorrhoidectomy, this stapling method causes less pain and one can return to his/her daily activities sooner.
HOME TREATMENT TILL YOU MAKE APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR
- Eat high-fiber foods. Eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. …
- Use topical treatments. over-the-counter hemorrhoid creams also work for treating piles. One can also use suppositories that contain hydrocortisone, or also make use of use pads that contains a numbing agent or witch hazel.
- Soaking oneself in warm water or taking sitz bath is also recommended.
- Take oral pain relievers.
Majority of the Hemorrhoids we treat , the procedure is completed within about 15 minutes
The treatment involves no cutting or removal of any tissue, but simply surface energy / laser ablation of the Hemorrhoids or Ultrasound guided ligation of hemorrhoids or combination thereof.
Laser Hemorrhoids treatment is the single best advance that occurred in Hemorrhoids treatment till date. This can be easily done without causing much pain while being quick and quite effective giving permanent results. The patients can resume to their daily schedule the same day after taking this treatment.
One third of Hemorrhoids cases are so advanced by the time that they require an inevitable actual surgery ( hemorrhoidectomy) which can be by standardized way or by laser or by bipolar energy or by stapling under general anesthesia of spinal anesthesia
In hemorrhoidectomy involves the hemorrhoidal masses are removed permanently.
OUR BEST PRACTICE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOU
- For those suffering from grade III and IV hemorrhoids, the conventional hemorrhoidectomy is found to be quite effective. But, it takes a significant recovery period and postoperative pain
- The latest options for treating grade III and IV hemorrhoids is hemorrhoid stapling or hemorrhoidopexy. This is an effective technique for treating piles causing potentially less pain and a less recovery time as well so that one can quickly return to his/her daily activities.
- Rubber band ligation method is a viable option for all those who can’t undergo or who do not want to undergo a surgical method to get rid of their hemorrhoid symptoms.
WHAT IS LATEST ON HORIZON IN HEMORRHOID TREATMENT
Stem Cells Treatment
A NEW ERA can be expected with the application of STEM CELLS.
If the family history shows Hemorrhoid diseases, and early symptoms until grade 2 are detected, Stem Cells injections can stabilize the intestinal wall and recreate a good muscle layer, avoiding the wearing out of the Hemorrhoids.
In progressed stages after an operative treatment, a preventive application seems reasonable
The prevention of Hemorrhoids seems this way practicably.
SURGICAL PACKAGES AVAILABLE
Piles, also known as haemorrhoid, are inflamed and swollen blood vessels that develop in or around a person’s anus, they appear in areas called the anal canal.The most effective way to get rid of piles is by surgery especially if they are bleeding/painful or prolapsing out of anus. Can be treated by laser/ THD technique or surgically , we offer all the options including nonsurgical treatment.
Pls note —- Insurance companies usually covers treatment Hemorrhoids
Otherwise Cash package Includes
- Pre-Operative Anaesthesia consultation, blood and other investigations.
- Fees of the surgeon
- Operation charges
- Doctor Consultation charges
- Medication used during and post procedure
- Routine laboratory testing.
- Medical Imaging / Radiology
- Routine Medical consumables & Implants
- Two weeks follow up
- Any type of therapy, investigation or procedures apart from the above mentioned will be charged separately.
- After Discharge medication will be charged separately.
Surgical Cost: Cash