What is Piles?
Piles, also known as haemorrhoids, are inflamed and swollen blood vessels that develop in or around a person’s anus. They most commonly appear in areas called the anal canal.
The anal canal is about 4 cm long, which, from one side connects to the rectum, a part of the large intestine and another side of the anal canal is an opening to the outside called anus. There is a network of small veins within the lining of this anal canal. Sometimes these veins, stretch so thin and get weak that when there is too much pressure or any obstruction in the veins, there is pain or discomfort forming one or more small swellings called piles.
There are two types of piles. Internal piles which are inside the anal canal and internal to the anal opening. While External piles are seen outside of the anal opening. Sometimes external and internal piles occur at the same time. Haemorrhoids treatment Dubai helps you get rid of piles in an effective way.
Different stages of Piles
Internal piles can be classified into grades according to their severity and size:
Grade 1 are small swellings on the inside lining of the anal canal. They cannot be seen or felt from outside the anus. These types of piles are common.
Grade 2 is larger. They may exit out from the anus while bowel movement, but quickly spring back inside again.
Grade 3 hang out from the anus while having a bowel movement. One may feel one or more small, soft lumps that can be pushed back inside the anus with a finger.
Grade 4 permanently hang down from within the anus and does not revert inside.
Some reasons people get Piles:
1) Constipation is probably the most common cause. Excessive straining while defecating increase pressure in and around the rectal veins, making them bulge out causing piles.
2) Cancerous lesions in the rectum can result in piles as they obstruct blood flow.
3) Some women get piles during their pregnancy due to the pressure effects by the uterus on the rectal veins.
4) Those who do not eat fibrous food are more likely to get piles.
5) The pressure may be caused by sitting or standing for long periods, sneezing, obesity, coughing, vomiting, and heavy weight lifting.
6) Elderly people are most likely to get piles as their tissues get weaker with age.
Symptoms of Piles:
1) Discharge perianal with itching around the anal opening.
2) Pain which worsens while you strain to defecate.
3) Bleeding when you try to have a bowel movement. The bleeding may be quite abundant at times.
4) Protruding of the anal skin even after the bowel moment. The internal piles usually exit during bowel movement and go retreat inside once you have finished. But when the condition worsens, the protruded internal piles do not retreat into the anus.
Some Complications of Piles:
1) Gangrene: Here the tissues in the piles and nearby skin die due to lack of the blood supply.
2) Fibrosis: Here the piles become fibroses with hardening of the anal orifice.
3) Infection: The infection can spread to the deep veins resulting in septicaemia.
4) Suppuration: When the piles suppurate, it can produce an abscess with the discharge of pus.
5) Thrombosis: Here the blood inside the piles will form clots and can obstruct the blood flow.
These complications can be very inconvenient and discomforting, which is why it is important to undergo piles treatment in Dubai.
Diagnosis of Piles
If you have bleeding or pain in the anus, you should visit a piles specialist, as bleeding from the anal region can be a sign of some serious problem like Cancer or Ulcers in the large intestine. The doctors of haemorrhoids Dubai will diagnose by doing a physical examination. If required Proctoscopy or sigmoidoscopy is done.
A proctoscope is a hollow tube fitted with a light, which allows seeing the anal canal.
Sigmoidoscope Looks at the lower end of colon, and a colonoscopy looks at the entire colon. It uses a viewing tube with a light that goes into the rectum.
A barium enema X-ray can also help to show the outline of the entire inside of your colon.
Treatment and recovery of Piles
Haemorrhoidectomy: This surgery is used for the pile’s treatment in Dubai. The incisions are made to cut off the pile mass. It is a little painful.
Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy: This surgery uses a stapler-like device to cut off their blood supply which eventually makes piles shrivel and die.
Injection Sclerotherapy – This technique includes injecting a solution into the tissues which creates a scar closing off the haemorrhoids. The piles, then die and drop off.
Band Ligation: In this non-surgical technique a rubber band is put over a pile mass so that it cuts off the blood supply to the pile mass. Due to this, the piles dies and drops off.
Laser Haemorrhoidectomy: – Haemorrhoids doctor Dubai uses infrared energy to burn and cut off the circulation to the piles, which causes it to shrink and die.
Recovery from piles doesn’t take much longer if taken care properly. Consult Dr. Girish by booking an appointment.
Surgical Packages Available
Piles, also known as haemorrhoid, are inflamed and swollen blood vessels that develop in or around a person’s anus, they appear in areas called the anal canal.The most effective way to get rid of piles is by surgery especially if they are bleeding/painful or prolapsing out of anus. Can be treated by laser/ THD technique or surgically , we offer all the options including nonsurgical treatment.
Insurance companies usually covers this procedure
Cash package Includes
- Pre-Operative Anaesthesia consultation, blood and other investigations.
- Fees of the surgeon
- Operation charges
- Doctor Consultation charges
- Medication used during and post procedure
- Routine laboratory testing.
- Medical Imaging / Radiology
- Routine Medical consumables & Implants
- Two weeks follow up
- Any type of therapy, investigation or procedures apart from the above mentioned will be charged separately.
- After Discharge medication will be charged separately.
Surgical Cost: Cash
– Surgical treatment by stapled or THD or laser technique : AED 15000