ENDOSCOPIC GASTRIC BOTOX
Nowadays, Botox that was generally used in different plastic surgery procedures, is being considered as a drug for weight loss by many doctors. The entire procedure is called Endoscopic Gastric Botox and it is again a method of losing weight without involving any cuts or incisions in the body.
In this treatment, a person tends to lose weight after Botox is injected into the stomach wall . It temporarily relaxes the stomach muscles and a key nerve that controls feelings of hunger and satiety is blocked. As a result, the patient feels full more quickly and for longer than usual. And when the overall food consumption is lowered, there is chance of loosing excessive weight.
The Endoscopic Gastric Botox treatment for weight loss is an outpatient procedure, which lasts for a duration of 20-25 minutes. The physicians make use of an endoscope to inject Botox into the upper &lower portion of the stomach and slow down the gastric motility leading to lesser consumption of food. After the treatment the patient is asked to stay in the hospital for 2-3 hrs. There is usually no side effect of this treatment and the patient can resume to his/her daily activities after a rest of a day.
BENEFITS OF ENDOSCOPIC GASTRIC BOTOX
- Do not involve any cuts or incisions.
- A quick way to lose weight. The procedure last for about 20 minutes and the patient can go home after 3 hours of the treatment.
- General Anesthesia is not required. The patient is however sedated.
- No preparation before the treatment except for fasting for 8-10 hours prior to the procedure.
- No side effects or complications after the procedure. The patient may, however, feel the general after effects of endoscopy and sedation.
- One can expect a weight loss of 6 to 8 kilos after a time period of
- weeks after the treatment.
- The treatment can be repeated after 6 months if required.