WhatsApp for Free Consultation
Are you looking for answers to your queries like Best weight loss surgeon in Dubai, Best Weight Loss Center in Dubai for weight loss surgery, Weight Loss without Surgery in Dubai and many more? Please read below to know:
- Do you get breathless on walking small distances or have joint pains & wondered how will you exercise?In such situations, unsupervised exercise may prove more dangerous than give you any benefit to you. Significant weight loss with obesity surgery may reduce your breathlessness or joint pains before you start exercise regimen to make them more enjoyable & safe.
- Do you need help to perform you daily chores because of your weight related problems –backache, knee joint pain, breathlessness?If you have similar issues/questions for yourself or your family, then probably you need Obesity Surgery for Significant & Sustained Weight Loss. Please start your journey through this website by clicking on Is It for You?
- Do you eat less & still gain weight?Yes, it is true –With age, increasing weight & reduced physical activity the energy expenditure goes down & also calories consumed from food are used only for fat storage & not for body building unlike slimmer persons. Obesity surgery helps break this cycle & one is able to lose excess weight.
- Have you stopped dieting & exercising because weight keeps coming back?Yes, it is true –almost 96-98% persons regain their lost weight & each failed attempt results in heavier but physically weaker person.
- Have you ever considered obesity (bariatric) surgery as an option?It provides significant (up to60- 90% of excess weight) & sustained weight (almost 80% patients maintain their weight even after 5 years) loss in most of the patients. Amazed!
- Why should I undergo surgery for a problem which can be controlled with change in eating habits & exercise?Overweight & obesity is an end result of inherited genes, eating environment & lifestyle changes. It is true that conventional measures like controlled eating, regular exercises etc can help in weight loss.
- I need no surgery as I do not have many associated illnesses?A –Morbidly obese individuals (BMI>40 kg/sqm) are suitable candidates for surgery irrespective of associated illnesses. If you have tried various conventional measures & failed to maintain the weight loss, then bariatric surgery is the only available option for significant, sustained weight loss
- What is bariatric surgery?Bariatric surgery is the surgical intervention, mostly laparoscopic, to help patient lose weight. This term includes various kinds of abdominal procedures which helps person eat small quantity of food & feel satiated. Additionally, some procedures prevent absorption of calorie dense food from intestines.
- How much weight is lost on the day of surgery?No spot weight loss is done, however, within 1st month itself person loses 5-10 kgs & thereafter 2-5 kgs are lost every month, depending on the initial weight, for 12-24 months. We want you to lose weight gradually & thus average weekly weight loss gradually reduces over a period of time.
- How much weight loss is achievable?Usually patients lose 50%-80% of excess weight after bariatric surgery. The excess weight is calculated by ( Actual weight –Ideal weight = Excess weight ).
So if you are 100 kgs today & your ideal weight should be 65 kgs then your excess weight is 35 Kgs. After bariatric surgery, it is possible to lose 20- 30 kgs, subject to regular follow up & compliance.
- I am diabetic & have blood pressure problem as well –Can I undergo this surgery?If you are obese & diabetic & hypertensive, bariatric surgery is all the more indicated as it resolves type II diabetes in 70%-80% patients. Similarly, blood pressure is also controlled or resolved in majority of patients.
It is necessary that before surgery patient’s blood pressure & blood sugar levels are brought to optimal level through adequate pre-operative assessment & treatment.
- Is it a cosmetic surgery?Definitely not. Obesity is a life threatening disease & its treatment helps in improving Quality of Life (QOL) & increasing life span. It is also not performed by plastic/cosmetic surgeons.
- What about alcohol consumption?Alcohol is liquid rich in calories. It is not held back by the new stomach & also does not help in giving feeling of satiety. It should be avoided esp. after a gastric bypass procedure, where it can give rise to abdominal cramps etc.
- Will I have skin hangings over my arm, abdomen etc after weight loss?Usually not unless until you are super obese. Skin has enough elasticity to regain shape after weight loss. However, in some patients if the skin is unable to regain its tone, cosmetic surgery may be desirable. It is advisable to wait for 1- 2 years after bariatric surgery before making up your mind about cosmetic procedure.
- Can I become pregnant after bariatric surgery?Usually, possibility of becoming pregnant increases after weight loss. It is advisable to avoid pregnancy during the first 1 year after weight loss surgery, but thereafter pregnancy is safer once your weight is stabilized.
- What about other medication –tablets etc?Usually, it is possible to consume any size tablet/capsule. If you feel the tablet is extra large, then you can break them in 2-3 pieces before consumption.
- Are these surgeries reversible?Yes, technically most of these procedures are reversible; however, it is not advisable to contemplate reversal as person can regain the lost weight, in addition, of morbidity of two surgeries.
- Is it possible that I do not lose weight after surgery?Surgery is an efficient tool to help you lose weight. If you follow medical & dietary advice, then weight loss is imperative. Failures do happen if the person defaults on supplement intake & inability of long term follow up.
- Will I be losing appetite or I will not be able to eat even if I am hungry?Bariatric surgery works on the principal of satiety. Though your hunger will be normal, you will feel satisfied/satiated with small amount of food. Even today you eat till you are full. After surgery you will be able to eat till you are full (with a small amount of food.
- Which is the best procedure for me?The choice of a procedure is taken after taking into consideration various factors –dietary habits, associated diseases, desired weight loss, initial weight, ability for follow on, age etc. It is recommended that the decision be made in joint consultation with your surgeon. The final decision will be of the patient & family.
- How do I choose a best Weight Loss surgeon ?Various factors should be considered prior to selecting a weight loss surgeon, including Experience of surgeon Hospital set up Safety profile of surgeon It is important to assess whether surgeon has performed similar surgeries in past & how many of them had any major complication/s. The best approach is to ask for few of the patient’s contact details. Then you can contact them to find the required details.
- Is weight loss ’sleeve’surgery a good option?If you do go forward with any type of weight-loss surgery, make sure that you have an adequate support system in place. We at “Weight Loss Surgery Dubai”have Dr. Girish Juneja who is a world class weight loss surgeon. Contact for further consultation.
- Have I tried other weight loss Surgery programs?Weight Loss Surgery may be a good option when other methods of weight loss have failed. Have you tried losing weight with diet and exercise?
- How do I choose the right weight loss surgery?Basically its patient’s choice, Dr. Girish Juneja will guide you in choosing right weight loss surgerical procedure for you .
- Which is the best weight loss center in Dubai?Weight Loss Surgery Dubai is one of the best weight loss center in Dubai managed by Dr. Girish Juneja, one of the best weight loss surgeon in Dubai.
- Should I Consider Having Weight Loss Surgery?Weight loss surgery is not for everyone. Doctors generally recommend it only for people who:Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more —about 100 pounds overweight for men and 80 for women.Have a lower BMI (35 to 40) but also have serious health problems related to obesity such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol,high blood pressure or severe sleep apnea.Have tried and failed to lose weight by nonsurgical means such as diet and exercise.Fully understand the risks associated with weight loss surgery and are motivated to loose weight.