Know Your Doctor
Dr Girish Juneja
Best Weight Loss / Laparoscopic Surgeon Dubai,UAE
Presently, he is practicing as Director Bariatric Services in Al Zahra Hospital, Dubai along with Cocoona Clinic, Dubai. Prior to this, he was head of Bariatric and Surgery department at Novomed Centers and Al Zahra Hospital Dubai where he established first bariatric center of excellence, first of its kind in UAE. Also, he has been heading surgery department in other Reputed hospitals in the United Arab Emirates and he is a Certified Surgeon of excellence for bariatric and metabolic surgery by IFSO (International Federation for the surgery of obesity and metabolic disorders).
- Industry experience in the field of General Surgery for more than 30 years.
- Interests & procedural skills revolve around all General surgical, advanced Laparoscopic surgical procedures & have a special interest in all kinds of Bariatric surgery- (lap Gastric bypass/Sleeve Gastrectomy/Gastric bands/gastric balloon, etc.)
- Has knowledge & professional training for setting up of COE ( center of excellence) for bariatric surgery.
- Highly academically oriented and have attended various national and international conferences as a guest and invited speaker.
- Member of American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity & Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- 3 Academic Papers published for Elipse Balloon 2019/2020
- Attended Arab Health Surgical Conference 2021
- Conducted DHA approved CME (Obesity Chronic Disease) – March 2018
- Conducted teaching programm (Clinical Immersion with Live surgeries) for Young Surgeons
- Chaired My OR session in Arab health surgery conference 2017
- Chaired bariatric session in GASTRSURG 2014 conference , dubai feb.2014
- Chaired bariatric session in ERAS conference , dubai feb.2014
- Currently chairperson of scientific committee of GOSS 2014(Gulf obesity surgical society)
- Participated in Annual ASMBS conference (obesity Week) Boston ,USA,nov.2014
- “Participated in IFSO conference Montreal, Canada, Aug.2014
- “Attended Annual ASMBS conference (obesity Week) Atlanta ,USA,nov.2013
- Attended the 4th annual consensus meeting for Sleeve Gastrectomy in New York, USA, Dec. 2012.
- ASMBS annual congress in San Diego, California, June 2012.
- IFSO world congress in Sept. 2011 in Hamburg, Germany.
- Attended Middle East Arab health surgical conference in capacity of Chairman of hernia session in Feb. 2011.
- Attended & represented UAE chapter of IFSO in long beach L.A. in IFSO annual conference in Sept. 2010.
- Updated in 2010 by hands on workshops for gastric band (UK), hernia workshop (Belgium) NOTES (France) & bariatric workshop (France).
- Received Fellowship from ACE bariatric center, Adipositas Centrum Emmen, Emmen, Netherlands (July 2007).
Our Core Values
Embrace change, encourage invention and continually remain at the forefront of advances in Bariatric and General surgery for the good of our patients
Demonstrate caring and sensitivity for the diverse backgrounds of our patients and colleagues and generosity in our communities
Adhere to high ethical and professional standards, demonstrating commitment to our responsibilities with trust, honesty and respect for all
Successful Journey of Dr Girish Juneja
- Consultant General Surgeon
Harley Street Medical Centre, Abu Dhabi
- Director, Bariatric Centre & Head of Surgery Dept. International Modern Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- Head of Surgery Al Noor Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Chief of SurgeryJebel Ali Hospital, Dubai, UAE
- CHIEF OF SURGERYDept. of General & Laparoscopic Surgery
Al reef International Hospital, Abu Dhabi
- Head of SurgeryAl Ahlia Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- SPECIALIST SURGEONMinistry of Health, Abu Dhabi, UAE